Overall rating ☆☆☆☆
The Low Down
If you’re looking to buy a gift for your wife or girlfriend you can’t go far wrong with flowers, particularly At the time of writing they are the largest ‘mail-order florist’ in the UK, with over 100,000 customers. If your not sure what the best option is, you can even call them 24 hours a day to discuss your options and place your order.
Their website is pretty easy to navigate, with choices available for different occasions and quite an impressive range of flower arrangements available for you to choose from (as you’d expect from a florist!). They have included a ‘longevity guide’ for most of their flowers too, so you can easily work out how long they’ll last if you aren’t a flower expert.
What we really like is that you can easily add extras onto your order from the product page. Underneath the flowers you have options such as orange chocolates and salted caramel truffles, meaning you can place your entire order with one company rather than having to go out and find a box of chocolates. That said, the add-ons are quite expensive - don’t say we didn’t warn you!
And don’t forget to claim 20% off your first order using the code on their website (at the time of writing the code is AFF20NEW). Just enter it at check out and it should be automatically applied.
What we like
- A really wide range of flower arrangements to choose from, categorised into different occasions. Who knew there were so many ways to give flowers!
- They offer you the option of leaving a personalised message, like any florist. But what makes it really special is that you can even choose the artistic card it is left on, not just any old piece of paper like most places! They also have different font styles, and an inbuilt spell check - always best to make sure isn’t it!
- Their no-nonsense guarantee (taken straight from their website) is that “If the person receiving the gift is not 100% happy then we will refund your money. Simple as that.”
- Over 10 years of experience, and 10,000 positive reviews - they’re clearly doing something right!
What we don’t like
- Reasonably high delivery costs, starting at £5, but going all the way up to £9 for next day delivery. It can also get a bit confusing because the date you select is the despatch date as opposed to the delivery date.
- Their website isn’t optimised for mobile phones. You can still use it, but it might not work quite as well as if you’re on a computer - just a heads up.
Standard delivery - £5,
Express delivery - £6
Next day delivery - £9
Top tip - order a few days in advance to save money!
Time (based on orders placed by 4pm)
Standard delivery - maximum 3 days, except Sundays and Bank Holidays.
Express delivery - 98% arrive within 1 day. Maximum 2 days, except Sundays and Bank Holidays.
Next day delivery - 1 day, except Weekends and Bank Holidays. (Needs to be signed for)
They do offer refunds "if the person receiving the flowers isn't 100% happy." That said, if you do have a problem, it’s probably best to get in touch with them sooner rather than later - trying to get a refund for dead flowers after 2 months might not end too well.
Standard delivery only to Ireland, France, Switzerland, Netherlands and Germany.
Gifts are sent in a "sturdy box" to prevent damage to the flowers.