Vintage Wine Gifts
Overall rating ☆☆☆☆
The Low Down
If you're looking for just another bottle for the alcohol cupboard, we'll cover that in a future blog post. What we're talking about in this article is getting someone a truly special bottle of their favourite drink. If you know a collector or someone that is passionate about what they drink you have come to the right place!
Vintage Wine Gifts are the largest internet retailer of top quality Vintage Bottles of Alcohol in the UK, with over 2,500 different bottles to choose from. Just take a look at their website and you'll be amazed at the options they have to choose from.
The oldest bottle we could find was a cognac from the Hotel de Paris Monte Carlo dating all the way back to 1810! We're not sure how good it would taste, but it would almost certainly be the treasure of a serious collector. If you're looking for something slightly more drinkable, there's a huge choice. The best thing that we can suggest is that you find out their favourite drink and have a search.
And if you’re looking for a different kind of present for a wine lover, how about renting them a row of vines? Now that’s one way to really impress the in-laws!
All orders come with tasting and storage notes, and they even provide wine and food matching information on their website.
What We Like
- They don’t just sell wine! There’s a bar at the top (pun intended) to give you a range of options, from wine and champagne to cognac, gin, whiskey and a few others.
- There are lots of filters, such as price range, year and region really help you to find the perfect gift.
- Price Promise Guarantee, so if you find the same bottle cheaper on another website within 30 days they’ll refund the difference. They do say that they’ll take into account the cost of their luxury packaging for these purposes though, so don't be surprised if they don't pay up.
- Each year they donate a percentage of each sale to a nominated Charity. That’s the kind of company we want to support!
- All orders come with a free gift card, containing a message of your choice. You can either fill it in online or if you’d prefer to write the card yourself just leave the online section blank. Alternatively, you can send them a card you’ve chosen from elsewhere and they’ll deliver it with your gift.
What We Don’t Like
- Their website has a very basic look, which is a shame for a shop which offers so much. That said, it’s about all we don’t like, so they’re not doing too bad!
Delivery Information (assumes order is placed before 4.20pm)
Standard Delivery - £6.99
Next Day Delivery - £7.99
FREE for orders over £89.98 that don’t require next day delivery!
Same day delivery - Price on request
From 5 days (standard to delivery) to same day delivery (London and Southern England)
If you don’t like the bottle, return it in the original packaging within 30 days of the delivery date.
If the wine is corked you can return it in the original packaging within a year from the date of purchase, and they will replace it. (You’ll have to pay for delivery again if you’re not in the UK.)
They package all their bottles very securely (as you would imagine), but if there is any damage they’ll deliver an identical bottle for free. They make it very clear that you have to tell the courier straight away though, so make sure you have a look before you sign!
Bottles less than £29.99 come in a wooden box. Over £30, and you’ll be upgraded to a silk-lined, wooden case with four wine accessories.
All orders are delivered by APC Couriers, who give you an estimated arrival time. That way you don’t need to spend all day waiting in for your wine!
You can choose your delivery date if it’s more than 5 days in advance.
Worldwide delivery available (subject to customs and duty restrictions). International shipping is quoted as £19.99 per bottle, but may depending on the destination.